CTO / Head of Development
Head of Development /CTO
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $110-120K per annum + Shares/Equity
Head of Development/CTO
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a Venture Capital backed eCommerce company in Toronto for a Head of Development/CTO. The company has built a Magento Enterprise eCommerce solution with a small team of in-house developers and some external agency support and is ready to go to the next stage.
We are looking for someone with experience in:
• Magento Enterprise delivery and development
• Several website builds
• Strong professional software development experience developing mission-critical applications with at least 4-5 years in a technical leadership role.
• Evidence of excellent project management skills
• Business and Technical Analysis skills
• Managing development teams (either in-house or 3rd party)
• Experience building integrations for ecommerce systems – finance, stock management, crm etc.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- You will direct a team of highly motivated developers in the delivery of great products to our customers in an agile manner.
- You will lead the full life-cycle development process from product definition/strategy, through design, development, test, release and sustenance for multiple products/components technology platform.
- You will be responsible for formulating and executing a clear technical vision that is consistent with the company’s platform strategy.
- You will hire, motivate and coach high-performance team(s) of engineers and develop engineers at an individual level.
- Preference to individuals who have worked on B2C eCommerce platform
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle including requirements, specification, documentation, testing, release and maintenance
- Prior experience in fast-paced/agile environments with high quality execution and solid track record of building technology teams/processes and infrastructure
- Excellent recruiting, motivating, mentoring skills. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.