Senior Director, Digital Sales
Our client is a recognized innovator that’s changing the way companies develop and evaluate their marketing tactics and strategies. Their culture is fast-moving, with a long history of innovation. Across disciplines, it tends to recruit and draw people who are analytical, inventive, can-do, driven, scrappy, collaborative and curious. Leadership looks for and expects good ideas from all corners of the employee base, and people that deliver them are rewarded. People who are new to the vompany often describe it as a ‘meritocracy’, or a ‘1,000-person startup.’
This is a consultative role; the Senior Director must be experienced pitching digital services and should have a personal point of view on current trends in the digital marketing, platform, and product space. This role is suitable for a select few: beyond an innate ability to network and a deep personal interest in digital media, you must be driven by the opportunity to build something meaningful for yourself and for your partners.
In this Senior Sales Director role, you’ll be at the forefront of telling our client’s story to the Media marketplace and senior executives, with a focus on expanding their footprint of industry-leading Solutions Selling in business analytics, advertising evaluation, optimization and brand monitoring solutions in Canada through new and existing clients.
You will be accountable for meeting/exceeding revenue targets, and becoming an integral part of a growing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Sales Director will support the company’s goals through a range of sales and account management activities (both as a hunter (25%), and farmer (75%)).
More specifically, the individual will:
- Managing client relationships, providing insights that help grow both their clients’ business and their own. Focus on the consultative sale and solutions selling.
- Manage and develop relationships with a list of key media accounts, including publishers, entertainment firms, and ad agencies
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and demonstrate how their services can assist them to achieve their business goals
- Successfully achieve predefined sales objectives
- Communicate project objectives and requirements to client services and/or engineering teams. Ensure project quality and delivery, working with product management and other internal teams.
- Work both autonomously and within a team setting.
- Develop and present estimates, proposals, RFP responses, and pitches with input from the leadership team
- Manage prospect and client relationships, including onboarding and project initiation, and provide regular face time with key decision makers
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in all areas of client development, process improvement and organizational effectiveness.
- Be a leader with the ability to coach, mentor, and support the internal teams to achieve maximum performance.
- Manage and continually grow the pipeline, tracking contacts, organizations, and opportunities within the agency’s CRM tool and report on activity weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Work with senior management to define overall corporate strategy
- Attend industry events and network with media contacts in order to build and maintain strong relationships within the media industry. Work towards speaking at events.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 8 years professional sales experience, or advanced degree and at least 6 years of professional sales experience
- A proven track record of developing successful and lasting business relationships that fall outside the typical sales cycle.
- An analytical sales professional with a proven track record of success in closing new client sales and cultivating client relationships
- Specific experience managing or selling audience measurement, advertising effectiveness measurement services and/or custom research solutions to media companies, publishers, advertisers and advertising agencies
- Experience and established senior contacts and relationships within the media/advertising industry required
- Understanding of market research (quantitative for TV and digital) and other related industry knowledge and how information can be applied to help clients achieve their goals
- A high intellect individual who combines proven sales ability with analytical excellence, superior communication skills (presentation and written) and an ability to forge strong client relationships. Experience with consultative selling.
- Technical background and aptitude a plus
- Highly organized but flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements
- Strong listening skills
- Experienced with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to close complex, long-term business deals
- Deadline-driven with an ability to manage multiple engagements at varying points in the sales cycle