Sr Python Developer
The millions of people who use our clients website every day require a sophisticated, responsive system to handle their creative efforts, to share their comics with their friends and to send millions of notifications and alerts out constantly. We are a small, dedicated team expanding and refining the infrastructure behind one of the fastest-growing apps in history. We do it in Toronto, and we have a lot of fun in the process, which involves the sorts of things you probably care about, like short sprints, continuous integration and being able to complain usefully at each other when things break.
Most new features we are shipping are backed by Python, RabbitMQ and Cassandra. We’re specifically looking for people who thrive on implementing algorithms, working with large data sets and building API’s. Your work will be key to the performance, flexibility and success of our Angular/Air mobile app as used by millions of people daily.
In your first month you will:
- Help the team identify components of the existing architecture to be redesigned in Python
- Commit improvements to existing Python and PHP systems to fix bugs and improve performance
- Develop plans for tracking improvements to ensure changes make things better
In your first six months you will:
- Lead development of one or more key architectural components in Python
- Improve application performance and scalability
- Research and help select new technologies for their infrastructure
In your first year you will:
- Rebuild virtually all of their key server architecture
- Build systems capable of handling extraordinary amounts of traffic as our client’s impact continues to grow
- Help enrich the local Python development community by sharing our technology story with your peers